The History of CMP Pharma
CMP Pharma was founded by Henry Smith as Carolina Medical Products Company in 1975 while he was a professor of drug manufacturing at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s School of Pharmacy. In 1982, FDA granted Carolina Medical an approval for Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate Suspension (SPS® Suspension) for the treatment of hyperkalemia. Prior to this, sodium polystyrene sulfonate was only available as a powder “for suspension”.
Another innovative liquid approval followed for Isoniazid Oral Solution, USP, the only FDA approved liquid treatment for tuberculosis.
Other products include:
- Oracit® – a treatment for metabolic conditions
- Dermacloud Ointment – an OTC skin protectant
- Absorbase® – a non-prescription topical ointment for dry skin conditions
- Triamcinolone Acetonide in Absorbase Ointment – a prescription treatment for inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses. Out-licensed to Promius Pharma.
- Hydrocortisone HCl in Absorbase Ointment – for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses. Out-licensed to Solubiomix LLC.
We’ve manufactured high-quality pharmaceutical products at our Farmville, North Carolina facility since 1986.