CMP Pharma is a specialty pharmaceutical company that addresses critical needs for niche markets by developing and manufacturing a portfolio of high value pharmaceutical products, including liquids and semi-solids. CMP Pharma combines decades of experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing to provide medicines to fill the unmet medical needs of many patients. In August of 2017, the FDA approved CMP Pharma’s first NDA 505(b)(2) product, CaroSpir®, the first and only oral liquid dosage form of spironolactone. CMP Pharma subsequently launched Potassium Phosphate Injections in February 2020 and is planning several more liquid product launches in the coming years. CMP Pharma is seeking to expand its Marketing team with an experienced Product Manager, who will drive product brand planning, strategy and tactical execution for multiple brands. They will also partake in planning and execution of future launches of new products.
JOB TITLE: Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager Branded Products
This position reports into the Vice President of Commercial.
This position is a unique opportunity for an experienced Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager to work on multiple brands and assist the Vice President in laying the ground work for launches of several key new products
He/she will be responsible for spearheading the brand planning process and developing annual strategic and tactical execution plans. Will be responsible for the pre-launch and launch strategy development and execution in support of multiple brands for CMP Pharma. This position will have multi-faceted responsibility with numerous contact points and will require a diverse talented individual who excels in cross-functional marketing collaborations, both internal and external. Although there are no direct reports in the near term, it is fundamentally important that the successful candidate demonstrate excellence in developing cross functional relationships and influence management. This person will also be responsible for creating and managing product specific budgets.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. (Other duties may be assigned):
- Manage the development, implementation and execution of comprehensive pre-launch and launch plans for brand launches and established products across a broad range of customer segments (health care provider, payer, and patient) This may include disease awareness, customer profiling and marketing strategies.
- Assists in the development of the strategic plan and also annual strategic marketing objectives in conjunction with commercial and company stakeholders. Ensures compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Guide the development of rationale and decisions on premarketing plans, pricing, promotions, packaging, market research, regulatory, etc.
- Responsible for management of key partners for the brand (e.g. agencies, vendors, etc.). Manage relationships, track budgets and provide annual performance feedback on these key relationships.
- Provide collaborative business leadership with allied functions, including but not limited to: Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, Clinical, Finance, etc.
- Work with Sales Operations to provide the organization with prompt and accurate information on industry and market trends, competition, product acceptance, etc.
- Will be responsible for execution of all marketing materials which includes development, Review Committee Approval, production and successful launch and acceptance to field sales
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in marketing specialty branded prescription products and proven success in a similar role in product management in the pharmaceutical industry. He/she must be a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, and the drive to build business from the ground up. He/she must possess the business acumen and pharmaceutical knowledge necessary to represent the company well when speaking with internal departments, institutions, providers, pharmacists and with CMP Pharma colleagues. Must have proven track record in developing close working relationships with field sales. He/she must have experience in building brand plans and tactical plans and managing budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and a Master’s Degree is a plus
- 5+ years experience in key branded pharmaceutical marketing
- Must be able to synthesize multiple data sources (Sales, Distribution, financial, industry) as a means to manage the brand performance. Must be able to maximize all market research data and communicate its results and application.
- Experience in hospital and long term care marketing is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the conception, development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing to diverse customer segments — including physician, payer, and consumer.
- Must have strong collaborative skills, the ability to work in a matrix organization and experience working in a partnership environment
- Strategic “out of the box” thinker who will challenge the status quo to improve marketing deliverables.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, possesses a sense of urgency with the ability and strong desire to “make things happen.”
- Excellent organizational and influencing skills.
- Must be a dynamic, creative and innovative professional. The ideal candidate will thrive on challenge, be highly collaborative and exhibit strategic agility. He/She will manifest trust and clearly project and practice the highest of ethics and integrity.
- Thought leader engagement experience is a plus
- Full understanding of the P&T process and demonstrated ability to work with sales colleagues on institutional sales needs.
- Clinical, technical and scientific knowledge and aptitude in complex disease states
- Demonstrated ability to execute against strategic and tactical plans under short timelines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Self-driven with strong organizing and planning skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage national territory
- Strong in-depth knowledge of Specialty Biotech / Pharma working in managed care environment
- Ability to accommodate travel – 30% or more
- This position will interact with both internal and external customers to include members of senior management and the industry community.
- Frequent and considerable amount of travel is required for position. Successful candidate must possess a valid passport and be available to travel as needed.
- The location for this position can be either home office in Farmville, NC or remote with travel as required to home office
- This position offers a competitive salary, a yearly bonus based on company sales achievement and personalized objectives. Additionally, CMP Pharma offers health benefits and the ability to participate in the company’s 401k plan.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.