CMP Pharma is a specialty pharmaceutical company that addresses critical needs for niche markets by developing and manufacturing a portfolio of high value pharmaceutical products, including liquids and semi-solids. CMP Pharma combines decades of experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing to provide medicines to fill the unmet medical needs of many patients. In August of 2017, the FDA approved CMP Pharma’s first NDA 505(b)(2) product, CaroSpir®, the first and only oral liquid dosage form of spironolactone. CMP Pharma subsequently launched Potassium Phosphate Injections in February 2020 and is planning several more liquid product launches in the coming years. CMP Pharma is seeking to expand its Marketing team with an experienced Product Manager, who will drive product brand planning, strategy and tactical execution for multiple brands. They will also partake in planning and execution of future launches of new products.
JOB TITLE: Sales Operations Manager
This position reports to the Director, Sales Operations.
This position is a unique opportunity for an experienced Sales Operations individual to work with multiple brands and assist the Director of Sales Operations to design and implement a roadmap that will support the existing portfolio of products as well as the launches of several key new products.
He/she will be responsible for spearheading the targeting, sizing, segmentation, compensation planning/modeling and contests for field sales. This position will have multi-faceted responsibility with numerous contact points and will require a diverse talented individual who excels in cross-functional collaborations, both internal and external. Although there are no direct reports in the near term, it is fundamentally important that the successful candidate demonstrate excellence in developing cross functional relationships. This person will also be responsible for aiding in forecasting, new technology, building relational databases, validations and ongoing process improvements. To be successful, he/she will require strategic experience and the ability to establish and communicate tactical direction and promote change to support business objectives. This is a ground floor hands on opportunity to help build a department within the CMP Pharma organization and gain greater exposure as the business grows.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. (Other duties may be assigned):
- Participate as an integral member of the Commercial team for CMP Pharma’s portfolio of products.
- Support the development, implementation and execution of comprehensive targeting, segmenting, sizing and modeling of strategic compensation plans and contests for brand launches and established products across a broad range of customer segments and channels.
- Apply formal, best practice methodologies to support the CRM implementation and scalable platforms to support all aspects of commercial development inclusive of SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Gain familiarity with patient journey, line of therapy and source of business analytics.
- Review and recommend any updates needed for KPIs, salesforce reports and dashboards; weekly / monthly / quarterly reporting.
- Create value by adding own and synthesizing group insights into actionable reports.
- Build strong relationships with internal departments collaborating effectively to ensure team success.
- Possess strong knowledge of compliance for SOX, aggregate spend, anti-kickback, false claims, targeting, and compensation.
- Experience with GPO contracting, membership, chargebacks, rebates, trade relations and related reporting.
- Identify and proactively seek out opportunities to automate processes to reduce errors and to free up time for more creative work on existing deliverables.
- Experience working in multiple sales channels, including but not limited to specialty pharma.
- Provide collaborative business leadership with allied functions, including but not limited to: Sales Management, Field Sales, Marketing, Technical Operations, Clinical, Finance, etc.
- Set priorities and allocate resources while taking accountability for achieving results.
- Must work and thrive in a fast-paced small company environment with entrepreneurial mindset and experience to work autonomously.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in pharmaceutical sales operations working with specialty branded prescription products and have proven success in diverse environments. He/she must be a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, and the drive to build business from the ground up. He/she must possess the business acumen and pharmaceutical knowledge necessary to represent the company well when speaking with internal departments, institutions, vendors and with CMP Pharma colleagues. Must have proven track record in developing close working relationships with field sales. He/she must have experience in building strategic roadmaps and implementation of such.
- Minimum BA and 7+ years quantitative analytical experience in pharmaceutical commercial operations industry.
- 5+ years in pharmaceutical analytics / sales / managed markets experience.
- 7+ years managing incentive compensation plan development, and modeling (Monte Carlo analysis a plus).
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry software in CRM, Compensation, Analysis and internal DW design and implementation.
- Knowledge of U.S. health care market.
- Excellent Excel and Modeling skills.
- Experience with and analysis of secondary and third-party data sources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position will interact with both internal and external customers to include members of senior management and the industry community.
- The location for this position can be either home office in Farmville, NC or remote with travel as required to home office.
- This position offers a competitive salary, a yearly bonus based on company sales achievement and personalized objectives. Additionally, CMP Pharma offers health benefits and the ability to participate in the company’s 401k plan.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.