Job Title: Production Operator I
Department: 200 – Production
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WHO WE ARE: Located in Farmville, North Carolina, CMP Pharma is a specialty pharmaceutical company that addresses crucial needs for niche markets within the pharmaceutical and life science industry by developing and manufacturing a portfolio of high value semi-solid and liquid products. Our products include leading, high-quality branded and generic prescription, non-prescription, and skin care pharmaceutical products which we distribute to hospital, long term care, and retail channels.
SUMMARY: The Production Operator I will be responsible for the manufacturing of quality pharmaceutical products within established standards and guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below, are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in pharmaceutical commercial batch manufacturing in accordance with established batch production records, SOP’s, and cGMP guidelines, to include gathering and dispensing approved raw materials.
- Operate, disassemble/assemble, and clean production equipment in accordance with established standards and guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Weighing, recording, and dispensing of batch ingredients.
- Read, understand, and demonstrate proficiency on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Inspect products for defects and report flaws/defects immediately to management.
- Detect and report machine malfunction promptly to management.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly, and safe manner.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures paying special attention to cGMP and safety regulations.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Document production activities accurately according to Good Documentation Practices.
- Participate in packaging products as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in reading, writing, and mathematics
- Proficient in the metric system of weights and measures
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer software and systems
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in pharmaceutical sciences or related program
- Ability to lift in excess of 60 lbs. unassisted
- Majority of work is completed while standing, walking, lifting, pulling, or pushing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, reaching, pushing, and climbing
- Long periods of standings
- Some exposure to hazardous chemical and other active chemical ingredients
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is a typical manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company objectives. The descriptions incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.